If you want to know all the facts regarding lung cancer and mesothelioma lawsuit continue reading. Here, you will discover the most relevant data to obtain your financial compensation for the damages suffered due to continued exposure to asbestos and why you need an experienced asbestos attorney.
- 1 FIRST ASBESTOS CLAIM
- 2 TYPES OF LUNG CANCER AND MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUITS
- 3 WHO CAN FILE A CLAIM FOR ASBESTOS-RELATED MESOTHELIOMA OR LUNG CANCER?
- 4 STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON ASBESTOS LAWSUITS
- 5 WHY SHOULD I FILE AN ASBESTOS LAWSUIT?
- 6 WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST FINANTIAL COMPENSATIONS FOR ASBESTOS DISEASE?
- 7 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LUNG CANCER AND MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUIT
FIRST ASBESTOS CLAIM
Clarence Borel was the first worker claim to a manufacturing company for damages due to asbestos exposure was filed in October 1973 and he gained a mesothelioma finantial compensation.
From there, thousands of workers who had worked with asbestos and suffered from diseases resulting from exposure to asbestos claimed compensation for the serious consequences that this carcinogenic material had caused them.
Currently, claims for mesothelioma are usual. Compensation for claimant workers who have suffered mesothelioma or lung cancer related to asbestos exposure is approximately $2 million.
If you have worked with asbestos and developed a disease related to this harmful material, continue reading because it is quite possible that you will be able to receive compensation for mesothelioma claims.
TYPES OF LUNG CANCER AND MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUITS
There are two types of lung cancer and mesothelioma lawsuits : for personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If a family member has died due to lung cancer or mesothelioma caused by asbestos, you can fill out a death claim application to cover medical expenses arising from these diseases.
In addition to this, you can also request compensation for funeral expenses and loss of income due to illness and death.
Even if the affected person dies before the lawsuit is resolved, the state can continue with the lawsuit against the company causing the damages.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
The personal injury claims are based on the liability of companies that knew about the serious health problems caused by this toxic mineral in people exposed to these fibers.
This knowledge of the injuries resulting from the use of asbestos by companies and the lack of communication to workers about the risks involved in its use are the pillars on which these claims are based.
WHO CAN FILE A CLAIM FOR ASBESTOS-RELATED MESOTHELIOMA OR LUNG CANCER?
Anyone suffering from lung cancer or mesothelioma caused by asbestos can sue the responsible company for exposing them to this carcinogenic material.
To file a lung cancer and mesothelioma lawsuit for asbestos damage you need to provide medical reports showing that you suffer these diseases.
In addition, you will have to provide medical evidence to corroborate that you are suffering from this disease.
It is necessary to show that you have worked in a company where you have been exposed to this carcinogenic mineral and that the company did not inform you about the consequences of working with asbestos fibers.
It is also important to provide testimony from people who can prove that you have worked at that company, as well as descriptions of the facts and working conditions that led to the inhalation of asbestos fibres for a long time.
On the other hand, you can also file a mesothelioma lawsuit after death if you have lost a family member due to continued exposure to asbestos, there are mesothelioma compensation for family members.
You can as well check out asbestos class action lawsuit and contact other mesothelioma victims.
A lawyer for mesothelioma and lung cancer can file a trust fund lawsuit if the responsible company has filed for bankruptcy. You can also claim compensation for medical expenses, medical insurance, etc.
It is important to choose a lawyer with extensive experience in mesothelioma or lung cancer cases. Hiring an expert asbestos damage attorney increases the odds of winning the asbestos lawsuit as well as greater financial compensation.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON ASBESTOS LAWSUITS
In order to file a lawsuit for negligent death or personal injury, less than two years must elapse since the diagnosis of the disease.
According to the Statute of Limitations on Asbestos Lawsuits, it is essential to do so within the period indicated above to be able to claim financial compensation .
Before filing your asbestos lung cancer lawsuit it is important that you contact an asbestos attorney to confirm that you are within the mesothelioma lawsuit deadline.
WHY SHOULD I FILE AN ASBESTOS LAWSUIT?
The main reason for filing a lawsuit for mesothelioma or lung cancer caused by asbestos is compensation for medical expenses arising from the disease, as well as the costs of medical insurance, funeral (in case of wrongful death) and financial problems caused by the absence of a family member.
In addition, it is important to highlight the psychological damage produced by the loss of a loved one and the suffering caused by such a serious illness.
Veterans exposed to asbestos who have suffered injuries related to the use of asbestos can sue manufacturing companies liable for their damages while serving.
Therefore, we recommend that you contact an asbestos lawyer, as they will be able to inform you correctly about the legal proceedings you need to take.
First, you should hire an attorney for asbestos lawsuit who prepares all the necessary documentation to begin the legal actions for asbestos exposure.
The submission of the necessary documents usually takes several months and your lawyer will be responsible for speeding up the process as much as possible.
- Find an attorney for mesothelioma. Find top mesothelioma lawyers and hire one of them to get the proper information to talk about your legal options.
- Review and prepare the documentation wth your asbestos attorney. Asbestos lawyers will ask for medical tests to prove your mesothelioma or asbestos-related lung cancer diagnosis. Gather all the medical reports explaining that your injuries have been caused by continued exposure to asbestos fibers. Provide data and witness testimony that can corroborate that you inhaled fibers of this toxic mineral while working at the manufacturing company. Your lawyer will tell you what type of lawsuit is most appropriate in your case.
- File mesothelioma or lung cancer lawsuit. Your mesothelioma attorney will advise you on the best options to ask for the right financial compensation according to your case.
- Demanded company’s response. The company will receive a copy of your claim and file its response denying the charges within less than 30 days. The company’s attorney will deny the facts and request that his client be cleared of the charges. Both lawyers will exchange data and prepare a serie of questions for the defendants and plaintiffs before trial.
- Mesothelioma Lawsuit Settlement or trial. Normally, lawsuits are usually settled through economic agreements. Defendants often offer financial compensation to the plaintiff in order to avoid trial. It is very likely that the company’s attorney will contact your mesothelioma attorney to try to negotiate a settlement that compensates both parts. It is unusual to go to trial, as these claims in most cases are resolved through negotiations. In the case of going to trial, the outcome can take quite some time to arrive and depends on many factors.If the defendant agrees with your asbestos attorney’s demand, you may receive your compensation within a few months.
- Resolution of the trial. In case the trial takes place, if you win it and the defendant company appeals (within 30 to 180 days), you will have to wait for a new resolution.If the trial is resolved in your favor, you will receive the money in a few months. In the event that the defendant company wins the lawsuit, you will receive less financial compensation, and in the worst case, you will get nothing.
WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST FINANTIAL COMPENSATIONS FOR ASBESTOS DISEASE?
Typically, the higher financial compensation due to asbestos damages such as mesothelioma or lung cancer is usually due to favorable verdicts for plaintiffs in a lawsuit.
Usually, compensation received by those affected in pre-trial settlements is often considerably less than that obtained through trial.
There is case law in asbestos claims, with the verdict of some trials being much higher than average. You can also request a mesothelioma class action lawsuit with other affected asbestos workers.
Below, you can find out the most relevant data on financial compensation for diseases arising from exposure to asbestos.
Asbestos highest finantial compensation.
In 2003, a metalworker received $250 million in compensation for serious damages suffered due to prolonged exposure to asbestos while working at a company.
In 2017, the wife of a racing driver secured $75 million for her husband’s continued exposure to asbestos in various car parts made from this carcinogenic material.
In 2012, the family of a construction worker exposed to asbestos received a $48 million compensation.
In addition to these, there are numerous million-dollar judgments in favour of people who have suffered mesothelioma, asbestosis or lung cancer related to asbestos.
If you have suffered serious damage due to exposure to talc powders containing asbestos, tires, car brakes, insulation products,pipes or any other material contaminated with this harmful mineral, seek out an attorney who specializes in asbestos, mesothelioma, asbestosis or lung cancer.
You can get a great compensation for mesothelioma for and your family, and in this way, you will be able to pay the bills arising from your illness.
We hope you found this content useful and get the information you need. If you think this article can help other people in your situation, share it on your social media to reach more people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LUNG CANCER AND MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUIT
If you or a family have worked for a company who used asbestos and you have suffered injuries due to the exposure to this toxic mineral, you can sue for asbestos compensation.
It depends on the severity of the injuries. It is unusual to go to trial, as these claims in most cases are resolved through negotiations. In the case of going to trial, the outcome can take quite some time to arrive and depends on many factors.If the defendant agrees with your asbestos attorney’s demand, you may receive your compensation within a few months. Asbestos lung cancer compensation depends on many factors, but you could get a relevant finantial compensation.
The average mesothelioma trial compensation is higher than $5 million to $12 millions. You could get about $1 million in a mesothelioma lawsuit settlement.
You can get your mesothelioma compensation in a period from a a few months to a year, but it depens on several factors. A mesothelioma lawyer can provide you an accurate information about all the legal process in asbestos lawsuits compensation.
There are many people who suffer from mesothelioma and asbestos-related lung cancer, and experienced asbetos mesothelioma lawyers firm knows that they can get high compensations for mesothelioma victims, and they can also get part of that finantial compensations.
A mesothelioma lawyer firm typically receives approximately 25 to 40% of the compensation received for mesothelioma. A mesothelioma attorney collects his or her fees based on the financial compensation the plaintiff receives and will not charge if he or she does not win the lawsuit or reach a settlement.